In the present world, companies are switching to new and innovative technologies. More and more firms and businesses are moving to cloud-based platforms. Microsoft, a company that needs to introduction, is famous for its revolutionary products and services such as Windows, productivity suite, security program, etc. Office productivity suite has been helping people increase their work productivity since the nineties. The latest version of Microsoft Office is Office 365. The heir to Microsoft Office 2016 is more popular than ever amongst home, office and business users. Other versions of Microsoft Office consist of Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, and Office 2003.
If you have Microsoft Office suite on your computer, there can be multiple reasons to uninstall it. Maybe you want to get Office 365 to a different Pc, and you want to free the license. Or perhaps you are encountering errors while using Office 365 which can only be fixed by reinstalling. Maybe you do not wish to use Office 365 anymore and want to switch to an older version. Then you can uninstall it easily. For whichever reason, there are a couple of methods for uninstalling Microsoft Office 365 from your PC.
Uninstall Office 365 Using the Control Panel On Windows
- Open the Start button located at the left-bottom corner of the screen.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features tab.
- Right-click on the Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Click on Uninstall.
- If you have setup Microsoft Office 365 Home or Student suit, then browser the name of the suite.
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
How To Uninstall Office 365 on Mac?
- Remove Office 365 for Mac apps
- Go to Finder.
- Click on Applications.
- In the drop-down menu select the Office 365 apps and click on the third option – Move To Trash.
- Remove Office 365 files from the user Library folder
- In order to remove Office 365 data from the user library folder, the first thing to do is to set the Finder View Options.
- Go to the Finder.
- Click on the Finder menu on the beginning.
- Click on View.
- Select “As List.”
- Click on View again.
- Select Show View Options.
- A dialog box for View Options will launch.
- Tick mark on “Show Library Folder.”
- Click on Save.
- Head back to Finder.
- Go to Library.
- Click on the container.
- Select all the Microsoft Office 365 folders.
- Click on Move to Trash.
- Microsoft Outlook data will get deleted after moving the MS Office 365 folders to trash. If you do not wish to lose your Outlook data, it is recommended that you backup the folders before transferring them to Trash.
- Head to the Library window again.
- Click on Group Containers.
- Select all the Microsoft Office 365 folders and click on Move To Trash.
- Remove from the dock and reboot the computer.
- If you have added Office apps to the dock for your convenience, then click on them and select Options. After that, click on Remove from Dock. Do this with every app located on the Dock.
- To apply the uninstallation process, reboot your Mac.
How To Download Office 365 Setup?
- Launch the Web Browser and go to www.office.com/setup365.
- Click on Sign In if you aren’t logged in already.
- Enter the login credentials for the account linked with Office 365. It can be a Microsoft Office account, student account or work account.
- Click on Forgot the account link if you cannot remember the login details.
- You will be directed to the main Office webpage after signing in successfully.
- If you have MS Office home account, then click on Install Office. And then click on Install again.
- If you are work or school account user, then click on Install Office apps and after that click on Office 365.
- Your Office 365 setup will now start to download. Follow the on-screen guidelines and complete the process.
- To download Office 365 setup in another language, or to download Office 365’s 64-bit Windows version, you can select the language and version of your choice and then click on Install.
How To Install Office 365 Setup?
- Run the downloaded Office setup file on your computer. When the Setup is done, you will receive a prompt.
- Click on the Yes button in the User Account Control pop-up window.
- The installation process will begin.
- When the installation process is complete, the following text will display on the screen: “You’re all set! The office is installed now.”
- An animated video will start, and it will reveal to you where you can find Office apps on your device.
- Follow the prompts given on the screen.
How to Activate Office 365 Setup?
- After installing the Office setup, you are free to use any Office program just by launching any of the applications such as PowerPoint or Access.
- Most of the times, Microsoft Office 365 gets activation when the user launches any Office app. The user has to click on Accept and start the app in order to agree to the Microsoft License terms and conditions.
- Microsoft Office does indeed activate automatically. But, at times, depending on the suite, a Microsoft Office Activation Wizard may come up. In the activation process, the user has to verify their copy of Office 365. The activation wizard guides the users with the activation process.
- Users can select activation over the Internet or via telephone.
- They have to enter the 25 character alphanumeric product key/code in the field provided.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and activate your Office 365.
How to Reinstall Office 365?
- Find the 25 character alphanumeric Microsoft Office product key.
- Go to office.com/setup and log in to your Office account.
- After that, download the Microsoft Office 365 setup from your Microsoft Office user account.
- Go to the computer’s default download location folder and open the Office setup program.
- Browse the Microsoft Software License conditions, mark the case to affirm them and click on the Continue button.
- Click on “Install Now” to reinstall Office setup on your PC
Click on “Finish” when the installation process is over and done with.