Microsoft Office 2016 is a collection of productivity applications. This suite includes Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook and more. Office 2016 allows superior efficiency and collaboration than past versions of Office. It is considered as a successor to Microsoft Office 2013 for Windows and Office for Mac 2011. Visit www.office.com/setup to download, install and activate Office suite.
New Features of Office 2016
Many new features have been added to Microsoft Office 2016 that are beneficial for Office users to increase their productivity. Here are some:
Additional Ribbon Buttons: Now the Items in Outlook can be archived with a single click by using the Archive button. Also, browsing or adding new groups has become simpler than ever before with the addition of those two group buttons.
Superior Collaboration: For adding comments and sharing without any difficulties, Word and PowerPoint include fantastic collaboration features. You will are likely to find the sharing and commenting icons at the top right above your ribbon.
Mentions: For being noticeable and capturing someone’s attention quickly, there a feature called “Mentions” has been added into the Outlook 2016. When you craft an email or calendar invitation, you just need to type the “@” symbol and some of the first few letters of the person’s name into the body. You are then going to find a drop-down box showing options from your contact list.
Publish to Docs.com: Some of the features added to Office 2016 are accessible across several and multiple applications. One of such features is the ability for publishing documents to Docs.com.
Researcher: This is a very useful tool and is ideal for term papers or business research. To access it all you need is select the Researcher option from your toolbar then type and enter your search term in the sidebar.
Now before you move ahead, you need to make sure that you redeem your product key and associate Office with a Microsoft account.
Redeem Office Setup Product Key
Not all purchases of Office contain a key, but if you have a new copy of Office and you’ve got a key sent to you by e-mail, or you got this included in your packaging, you need to redeem your Office product key first. (Example of an Office product key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX)
- From your browser go to office.com/setup and follow the easy prompts to sign in (or create a new Microsoft account).
- Enter the product key you got during purchase and follow the rest of the simple prompts to redeem your Office product.
Install Office Setup
Kindly follow the below-mentioned steps to install the Office setup:
- First of all, Open Microsoft Office setup page by visiting office.com/setup.
- Here you need to enter your Office product key.
- Then you need to log into your Microsoft account.
- After logging into your Microsoft account, you need to tap on the Install button.
- Then you just need to follow some other on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Activate Office Setup
Activation is the most crucial part of your Office setup. Without activating the Microsoft Office setup, you cannot think of accessing its features. Follow these simple mentioned-below steps to activate your Office setup:
- Firstly, you need to tap on the Microsoft Office icon.
- Now, you’ll be prompted to an Office Activation Wizard.
- It will now require you to enter your Office product key to activate the setup.
- Here, you just need to follow some of the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
That’s it, Your MS Office suite is now all ready to use!