Have you just got a Windows 10 S running PC and want MS office suite on it? or Why It is Important to Have MS Office Within Office Environment? Here’s the guide to help you with the installation of Microsoft Office apps on your new machine. Activate it right now via Office.com/setup
With the few differences, Windows 10 S is very similar to Windows 10 Pro. But there are few key differences between the two including the limitation that users can buy apps only from the Windows Store. It means that you Windows 10 S users can’t download and install Microsoft Office from the web. Because of the same reason, Microsoft has made the full (Win32) desktop versions of the Office apps, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Publisher available in the Windows Store for Windows 10 S running devices.
This write up will walk you through the necessary instructions required for getting the Office apps from the Windows Store on Windows 10 S running devices. There are instructions to install and uninstall Office apps on Windows 10 S.
How to install Office apps on Windows 10 S
It is simple to install MS Office on your Windows 10 S device using Microsoft account of the user linked to an Office 365 subscription.
- Click Start.
- On the App list, see and click an Office app (Word or Excel) you want to use.
- The Office page will open in the Windows Store, click Install option there.
- Now open any of the immediately installed app from the Office product page.
- You can start using Office just to click Got it!
How to uninstall Office apps on Windows 10 S
If you don’t have an active Office 365 subscription, or the apps aren’t working, then you need to uninstall them first and then reinstall them. On Windows 10 S, it is possible to uninstall apps individually or all at once.
- To uninstall an Office app, open Start.
- See the App list to find the app you want to remove or delete.
- Right-click the app, and select Uninstall.
- Confirm the uninstall process by clicking the Uninstall button.
How to uninstall all Office apps
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Head to the Apps & features.
- Select Microsoft Office Desktop Apps and click Uninstall option.
- Confirm your action by clicking the Uninstall button.
You can acquire the few of the Office apps using by using Office 365 Personal, Home, Education Plus, and Education E5. Microsoft includes one year subscription of Office 365 Personal with your new Surface Laptop if you don’t have an Office 365 subscription. Office 365 Personal gets you Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and Access.
Initially, the Office apps that you get from the Windows Store are available in preview and a new install and update process is still being tested. So in early days, some unexpected behaviours used to occur.
Though you get the full version of Office app from Windows Store, but with few limitations. You are still restricted to install the 32-bit versions and the COM add-ins are not supported in the app. Plus, desktop version of OneNote isn’t included.