Microsoft Outlook is the most preferred email client used to access Microsoft Exchange Server email. It is highly recommended by enormous web users to use MS Outlook email client instead of other offering email clients. Outlook is a handy tool and has got a lot of great features which has been improving the users’ experience of emails.
Too many messages sent Error
If you are facing an error while using Outlook that says “Cannot send – Too many messages sent,” then you need to understand that this is a significant problem that’s occurring because it can obstruct you from sending emails to your important contacts. In this article, we are going to show what should be done to set the things right.
Steps to fix ‘Too many messages sent’ error in Outlook
Simply follow the instructions mentioned below to fix ‘Too many messages sent’ error in Outlook:
Disable Outgoing server requires authentication
- First of all, go to File.
- Then, you need to make a move to the Account Settings.
- Select your email account.
- And tap Change.
- After that, you need to tap on the More Settings option and open the Outgoing server tab.
- Then you just need to remove the check-mark from ‘Outgoing server requires authentication.’ And that’s it!
Delete and Re-Create the Email Account
- Here, you need to tap on the option that says File in Outlook.
- And then select the Account Settings.
- Doing so will take you to a new window where you will see your email address.
- After that, you need to select it, and then tap on Remove.
- At last, you have to restart the Outlook and follow the on-screen instructions that will help you set up your email account.
- Once you do it, the error is likely to disappear.
Try Launching Outlook in Safe Mode
There are several problems with Outlook that we don’t have any knowledge about; therefore, it is going to seem sensible to start the program in Safe Mode in order to isolate whatever is causing the ‘Too many messages sent’ error. For the same, follow the simple steps given below:
- Firstly, press the Windows key + R simultaneously to launch the Run dialog box.
- Then in the box, you need to type Outlook/safe.
- After that, simply hit the Enter key on the keyboard. (Alternatively, you could simply tap on the OK option.)
- At last, you just need to tap on the OK button when you see the new window opening.
- Now, check if you still continue to get this error. If yes, then move to the next step.
Check DHCP settings
For resolving this issue, you may also want to check your DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) settings. This is one of the many standard network protocols. It’s a safe and trustworthy, but sometimes it fails to work as it should. So, checking the settings is always a good idea.
Use the Outlook on the Web
When everything given above doesn’t work, then we’d like to recommend using Outlook on the Web or the Mail app. We must mention that the app isn’t as robust, but it’s sufficient for sending and receiving emails.
Thank you for reading. We hope the information is going to help you resolve the ‘Too many messages sent’ error in Outlook.
Harry Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Harry Williams has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.