Some of the latest laptops and computer system come with Amazon Alexa pre-installed in Windows 10 operating system. These laptops and computer system are mainly through OEMs such as- HP, Lenovo, and Acer. But now the good news is this that, you can be installed it on any computer system because it is a Win32 app. But being, it aa third-party Win32 apps. Now you are looking for a simple way to get this amazing app on your device. Thus let’s discuss on how to download and install Amazon’s Alexa on any machine.
Steps to Download & install Amazon Alexa on PC:-
- The first thing to do is, you need to download version 188.8.131.52 of the Amazon Alexa Win32 app by visiting on dropbox.com. (Please note that it is not an official download link from Amazon).
- You can get the downloaded file scanned with your antivirus software.
- Then you need to run the file inside the ZIP archive and accept the User Account Control Prompt.
- Then you need to follow on-screen display instructions and then start the installation process of the Amazon Alexa App for your Windows PCs.
- If you are downloading Alexa first time, then it will tell you to sign in with your Amazon account.
- You need to complete this step to enjoy the Alexa on your Windows PC.
- If you have already set your computer system region to anywhere outside of the United States, then you need to change it to the United States to get this service.
Besides this, if you want to get the Alexa opened, then you need to sign in to your Windows Account as soon as possible.
- Then navigate to the Alexa Settings section and then enable open app on sign into this computer system.
- To see the Alexa performance, you need for the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 on your computer system.
- If you do not have it, then you no need to worry about it the setup will install it automatically.
- It can also be able to install the Version 1.0.200243.0 of the Shopping Assistant from the Amazon.
How to Set Up Amazon Alexa on Windows 10?
If you want to enjoy the Alexa app on your Windows 10 taskbar, then you will need to enable it from its icon. You can get the icon on the taskbar.
- For this, you need to open the Settings App and then move to the following mentioned path: Personalization > Taskbar > Select that icons are showing on the taskbar.
- After that, you will get a list of programs whose icons can be visible on the taskbar.
- From this list, you will need to enable the Alexa app.
- Now, you will always see this in your taskbar tray.
What will work and what won’t?
You will see below some of the things that you can do with Amazon Alexa application.
- Using this, you can create your custom to-do list.
- You can ask her to play briefing from very popular and active broadcasters.
- With this, you can also take some of the little tasks such as- setting up a timer.
- It can provide you with the weather updates.
- It is able to control your smart home accessories such as- lights, thermostats and your Amazon Echo speaker also.
We hope that, after reading this post, you will want to enjoy the Amazon’s Alexa on your Windows 10 PC. Please follow the each given steps to install Amazon’s Alexa completely.