Well it is necessary to clear up the browser to maintain its performance consequently you might lose the stored password and logins. Still, the way to maintain the performance of the tablet is cleaning up the browsing history, cookies and cache memory. There are two methods to empty the Silk Browser in Kindle. One is the common method which is approachable in every internet browser and the other method is used by accessing the Settings of the device.
Here’s how to clear browsing history and cache fire
Clearing the History, Cache and Cookies in Browser.
- Open the Silk Browser in Kindle Fire Tablet.
- Now tap on the hamburger icon and open the menu list.
- Select Settings to open it.
- Proceed to tap the Privacy option.
- Now you will see Clear Browsing data option in the menu.
- Tap the option and proceed to select the Advanced tab.
- Check the boxes of Browsing history, Cookies and site data and Cached images and files.
- Move to the bottom and tap on CLEAR DATA.
- Now the history, cache memory and cookies are cleared from the Silk Browser of Kindle Fire Tablet.
Clearing the History, Cache and Cookies in Kindle Fire Settings
- With the settings app of Kindle Fire, it is possible to clean up the history and cache memory.
- Open the Settings from the Home Screen of your Kindle Fire.
- Now tap Apps & Games and proceed to Amazon Application Settings.
- Select Silk Browser from the top of the options.
- Now, tap Privacy option and then go to the Clear browsing data option.
- Tap Advanced and select all the checkboxes present in the Advanced tab.
- Proceed to select All time located just below ADVANCED.
- Now, tap the Clear Data button from the bottom.
- Congratulations, you have deleted the history, cookies and the cache memory from Kindle Fire Tablet.
The methods to clear up the Browsing History, Cookies and Cache are not complicated but the second method is not well known. Hence the process to clean up with both the methods is beneficial to keep the device running without affecting the performance.