With iTunes, users can buy and download music, apps, books, movies, and a lot more. However, owing to the manufacturer’s licensing system, in order to access this purchased or downloaded content on a device, users need to authorize the device in iTunes.
Some users may find it difficult to authorize their Mac or Windows computer in iTunes. However, it can be easily done with a few easy steps. Follow the guide to learn how to authorize Mac or Windows computer in iTunes.
Steps for authorizing a Windows 10 computer on iTunes
- Launch iTunes on the PC.
- If you aren’t already logged in, then do it now.
- Click on Account located in the menu bar above iTunes.
- If you cannot see it, then hit the Ctrl+B keyboard shortcut.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, go to Authorizations.
- After that, choose Authorize This Computer.
- Input the password and click on the Authorize button.
Steps for deauthorizing a Windows 10 computer on iTunes
- Go to iTunes.
- Enter the Apple ID and password for signing in.
- Now, click on the Account tab at the upper portion of the screen.
- If the option is not available, then hit Ctrl+B.
- Now, hover the cursor over Authorizations to open more options.
- Click on Deauthorize This Computer.
- Input the password.
- Click on the Deauthorize option.
Steps for authorizing a Mac computer on iTunes
- Navigate to iTunes.
- Log in to your iTunes account using your Apple ID.
- Now, click on the Account tab located at the upper segment of the screen.
- Go to Authorizations.
- Now, pick the Authorize This Computer option.
- Key in the password.
- Hit the Authorize button.
Steps for deauthorizing a Mac computer on iTunes
- Double-click on the iTunes app icon.
- When it opens, log in to the account.
- Click on Account located in the upper central region of the screen.
- Now, click on Authorizations option from the pull-down menu.
- In the pop-out menu, select Deauthorize This Computer.
- Input the password.
- Finally, click on the Deauthorize button.
How to check the number of available authorizations?
Are you attempting to authorize a computer and it got rejected? Well, you might have exceeded the limit of devices in the authorized list. You can authorize a maximum of five computers in iTunes. Let’s go through the process of checking the authorized list.
- Launch the iTunes app on the computer.
- Log in to the iTunes account.
- Click on the Account tab situated in the upper portion of the iTunes window.
- Or else, just hit the Control+B keys.
- Click on View My Account from the drop-down menu,
- Now, just key in the password.
- Click on the Sign in button.
- Navigate to the Apple ID Summary segment.
- You will now be able to view the computers authorized to use iTunes.
- Open the iTunes app on the Mac.
- After that, sign in to the iTunes account, if needed.
- Go to the Account tab positioned in the top portion of the iTunes screen.
- Select the View My Account option from the drop-down menu,
- After that, just enter the password.
- Hit the Sign in button.
- Head to the Apple ID Summary part.
- You will now be able to see the computers authorized to use iTunes.