Most of the eBook readers tend to read their favorite books on an Amazon Kindle since the device is most popular in the reading category. If your Kindle app & hardware is having some problems, or if the Kindle for PC has stopped working on Windows 10, then this article is going to help you fix these issues.
Amazon Kindle app not working on Windows 10
There are chances that a Kindle user may want to connect his/her device to Windows 10 PC for any reason. It is an excellent experience to have a PC while reading eBooks using an Amazon Kindle device, but connecting it to the PC is not as simple as it seems to be. Thus, Kindle fails to connect to Windows 10 PC and eventually stops working. Here are the ways you can try to fix this issue:
Install the Kindle Drive
On Windows 10, Plug and Play comes in one of the essential features. But not every device supports this feature right out of the box. The Kindle is one of those devices since it needs the installation of a driver to start. For installing the Kindle driver, follow these steps:
- First of all, you need to right-click on the Start button.
- And select Device Manager from the list that appears.
- Then, you have to ensure that you expand the section that says “Portable Devices.”
- And here must find Kindle, some other name, or MTP device.
- After that, you need to right-click on your device.
- And tap on the Update Driver Software option.
- Then, select “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- And then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
- And go to “Show compatible hardware.”
- Finally, you have to select the MTP USB Device option, and then tap on the Next button. Follow the on-screen prompts to get the driver up and running.
Try Using a Different USB Port
Most PCs come with more than just a single USB port, thus, if connecting your Kindle through one doesn’t work, you can try using a different USB port. Before you begin, you need to remember that the USB ports are likely to fail over time because of regular usage, or if your system took fall damage.
On the other hand, you could also try using a different USB cable, but you think of doing this, make sure if the current cable works with other devices because if it works, then the cable is not responsible for this issue.
Link Your Kindle to a Different Windows PC
Maybe something has gone wrong with the software on your PC. So, one of the best options can be simply connecting the Kindle to another computer to see if it works. Most of the time, if you connect a product that is not working to another Windows 10 PC, doing so will not change anything, but it never hurts to try.
Try performing a hard reset
Your Kindle might be suffering from something related to hardware issues, which means performing a hard reset to return the software to its default factory settings can resolve this issue.
Okay, for restarting your Kindle, press and hold the power button until your Kindle automatically restarts. Doing so should fix it all.
Thank you for reading this article! We hope the information as mentioned above is going to be useful to you.
Harry Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Harry Williams has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.